StepItOut Golf is a comprehensive directory of the best golf courses at the best holiday destinations. By providing the pertinent overview and location of each course, this fully integrated app makes it easy to find the course you want to play, visit its website, book a tee time, play the course and share your experiences with your friends via your social media. Everything smooth and easy on one single device.
StepItOut Golf will help you improve your game. When playing a new course this app will give you virtually the same knowledge as the local club members right from the start!
STEPITOUT GOLF MAKES IT EASY TO:
1. Improve your game by having instant access to satellite maps of each hole depicting real time distances to hazards, YOUR chosen targets with shot trajectories and the flag.
2. Find the course you wish to play, then the integrated Sat Nav can guide you you there.
3. Make a booking at your preferred club and/or resort.
4. Seamlessly share your experiences via social media channels.
HOW IT WORKS & TIPS ON USING:
- When on the golf course, your location is triangulated from the combination of at least 3 GPS satellites and distances are calculated against our database of each individual course, targets and obstacles. As you move around the course, the distances are recalculated automatically and displayed on your device. (See App Settings on how to set your preferred unit of measurement.)
Distances - Preview Mode:
- If you are more than 1000m from the flag, StepItOut Golf assumes you are not on the course and will go to the Preview Mode whereby all distances are calculated from the tee rather than from your current location.
- We have preset targets and shot trajectories on each hole for you but you have absolute control of setting your own; you simply drag and drop the targets to wherever you want. You instantly get the distance to each target, the distance from the target to the flag and the sum of all. You can hide, reset or delete the target lines by simply tapping the Hide, Reset & Delete buttons on your screen.
Resetting the Flag:
- By default, the flag is positioned in the centre of the green. However, you can drag and drop the flag pin to its true location on the green and your distances to the flag will be recalculated instantly.
Auto Transitioning to Next Hole:
- When Auto Transition Green is in the on position, StepItOut Golf will detect when you are on a tee and will automatically transition to the corresponding hole number.
Auto Show Targets:
- When Auto Show Targets is in the on position, StepItOut Golf will show the preconfigured targets on each hole.
Auto Delete Target:
- Select distance within which the current target will be automatically deleted, (50m, 75m or 100m). As you move around the course and reach the selected minimum distance to the current active target, StepItOut Golf will automatically delete this target and show distance and trajectory to the following target or flag.
Player Profile (Tee Preference):
- You can set your tee preference to Black, White, Yellow, Blue, Green or Red. If the chosen tee colour is not available at a given course, StepItOut Golf will default to Yellow.
Note: please be aware that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. When you are not using StepItOut Golf you can remove it from short term memory by double tapping the home button to open the multitasking screen. Then scroll left or right to the app, swipe up on it to close it. This means the app will no longer be kept in background and will not use any resources on your phone.
May every course you play feel like your home course.